Pagina 1 di 2 1 2 UltimaUltima
Risultati da 1 a 15 di 16

Discussione: what do you think of britain?

Opinionista L'avatar di Ghostview

Talking what do you think of britain?

I'd like to know your opinion about Britains people.
    What do you think they are?
    What do you think are their vices, regards and failing?
    What do you think they're thinking about us?
    ... and so on.

It's just to start a thread.

See you

Opinionista L'avatar di Sniper
    I like across the board the anglo saxon culture.
    In the year i travel in this countries,not exactly Uk,but Australia and Usa,where there's a similar culture,also if in the years there was a mind changing.
    I think that we should learn many things from them,for example in this day we all can see the primary election system in the US and we should take example from this to get better our situation political and not.
    [b][size=1]Ex possessore di un bicilindrico V60

Opinionista L'avatar di Ghostview
    Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Sniper Visualizza Messaggio
    I like across the board the anglo saxon culture.
    In the year i travel in this countries,not exactly Uk,but Australia and Usa,where there's a similar culture,also if in the years there was a mind changing.
    I think that we should learn many things from them,for example in this day we all can see the primary election system in the US and we should take example from this to get better our situation political and not.
    Yes, you right. Anyway, if it is true that in some way things across the anglosaxon culture is going to change, is also true that in Italy people is going to change their traditions with extreme difficulties.

Government continues to fall down, and the parties continue to be corrupted. By the time of the Roman Empire, the things have not changed.

What a shame!

Opinionista L'avatar di Sniper
    Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Ghostview Visualizza Messaggio
    Yes, you right. Anyway, if it is true that in some way things across the anglosaxon culture is going to change, is also true that in Italy people is going to change their traditions with extreme difficulties.

Government continues to fall down, and the parties continue to be corrupted. By the time of the Roman Empire, the things have not changed.

What a shame!
    i agree with you
    [b][size=1]Ex possessore di un bicilindrico V60

*Suid Afrikaanse:altyd* L'avatar di NorskM
    Love the Brits , I like their being apparently shy and cold ,and their inner proudness.

Brits opinion about us? most of them barely know where Italy is lol
    Brits think of us with the same stereotypes the whole world conceive us , known as the " pizza-pasta-mafia" idea : good food , good looking people, wine lovers, mafia all the way , art and fashion everywhere , nice place to have holidays...

Lots of foreigners also think Italians are very cultured people and particulary keen on fashion , it's difficult to convince them this can't be necessarily applied to all Italians lol

Oh another peculiar thing about Brits we don't really know is that they don't consider themselves being European ... I still haven't met a Brit who claims he's a proud European , and I never will probably. Some of them even dislike the definition of " British" , claiming they're either English,Scot,Welsh or Northern Irish .

Anyway I wouldn't say US and the UK share a similar culture . Ok they speak the same language ( with some variation but no one can deny it's basically the same language) but their mentality are very different . Just to make an example out of the thousand ones you could make , that reminds me an English friend of mine : we were talking about this "superior attitude" Americans and Brits tend to have , and he sarcastically marked the difference between them with this sentence " Americans openly show off their superiority , Brits don't : they suggest you're already aware of their superiority" and that is soooo true !
    Australians are more similar to Brits but hey most of the Aussies have British roots
    Ultima modifica di NorskM; 26-02-2008 alle 22:28
    [FONT="Impact"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Prefiro cair do c

*Suid Afrikaanse:altyd* L'avatar di NorskM
    ooops postato due volte!
    Ultima modifica di NorskM; 26-02-2008 alle 22:27 Motivo: postato due volte!
    [FONT="Impact"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Prefiro cair do c

Opinionista L'avatar di maki
    i don't like labeling people based on where they come from or where they live, but brits can be such assholes sometimes. i met few people that were kind to me during my stay in london, while others were extreemly arrogant. who do they think they are, just because they're so culturally rich? sometimes they seem art snobs. no offense, i'm just saying what i saw/felt and what i think.

Opinionista L'avatar di FaF87
    Britains? You know: fish, chips, cup 'o tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary fucking Poppins... Britains...
    QUANDO FAI LE COSE PER BENE NESSUNO CREDERA CHE TU ABBIA REALMENTE FATTO QUALCOSA...

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da FaF87 Visualizza Messaggio
    Britains? You know: fish, chips, cup 'o tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary fucking Poppins... Britains...
    zio Avi
    Mother, did it need to be so high?

Opinionista L'avatar di FaF87
    Citazione Originariamente Scritto da EloDron Visualizza Messaggio
    zio Avi
    cugino Avi
    QUANDO FAI LE COSE PER BENE NESSUNO CREDERA CHE TU ABBIA REALMENTE FATTO QUALCOSA...

ah già

Mother, did it need to be so high?

in my opinion britain is a much better country than italy, in many ways including people once you get to know them

I love britain because it's very less cheaper than italy. (it's funny that think)
    It's distinctive and you can found old city very nice.
    I like red used for britain's houses.
    I love britain because there are many famous musical band.
    I love britain because there is a "London Eye", the tallest ferris wheel on the world.
    I love britain because there were the Queen's band, the most popular rock band of UK.
    I love britain!

Opinionista L'avatar di ѕт
    I just love everything that concerns Britain and its culture.

I actually dress in a 'brit-style' and listen to indie-brit music.

I'll go to London in January with my girlfriend, we're both in love with the City. We're looking forward to shop at Harrod's, visit the TATE Modern, stare at the Thames in the evening..

I felt in love with the British culture just reading all the books by Irvine Welsh, even if he's Scottish though and as it his characters are a little different from the usual 'british guy definition'.

Opinionista
    Ma che robba e' "The britains" ??

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •  
  • Il codice BBAttivato
  • Le faccine sono Attivato
  • Il codice [IMG]Attivato
  • Il codice [VIDEO]Attivato