per chi sa l'inglese:

Duncan Lustig-Prean

Ieri alle 16:49

This afternoon I had the great pleasure of seeing how wonderful it is for Great Britain to “take back control“ in celebration of Brexit.

I thought I would share my joy with you.

Having queued in the post office for an hour to be told that I had to join another queue as only one lady was trained to help me, I joined her queue to wait for 20 minutes

The charming lady told me to join a further 10 minute queue for a photo machine as unlike passports it could not be a digital photo. Armed with my paper photos I rejoined a queue for another 30 minutes.

The lady asked me which European countries I would be driving in over the next year. As I will be driving in several countries I was thrilled to find that I had taken so much control back that I would need four international driving permits, each inscribed with details of the Convention on Road Traffic of 19th of September 1949; into which decade I definitely felt I had now lapsed.

A rather scruffy piece of card was then inscribed manually with my details. My photograph was glued into it. This process was repeated four times.

Having parted with £28 for the privilege of driving in Europe, I was thrilled to find that I could take back control and repeat the whole process and make the same payment next year; subject to increase by Her Majesty’s government.

As I left the post office I was overjoyed to see that the pound had fallen dramatically further today thus ensuring that I could feel even more impoverished than previous falls in Sterling have already made me.

Nevertheless, having reverted to a period of my early childhood when travel was so much more difficult, I will benefit from feeling awfully nostalgic while I drive in poverty through Europe, with my four antediluvian card passes.

I’m really looking forward to taking back more control on 31 October.

73088982_2286123134941698_1947862020577558528_n.jpg

se Dio vòle, tra qualche settimana potrò perculare i miei amici inglesi brexiters in Olanda, chiedendo loro il permesso di guidare in UE rilasciato da Sua Maestà