Pagina 9 di 9 PrimaPrima ... 5 6 7 8 9
Risultati da 121 a 130 di 130

Discussione: Our English Lab

Opinionista L'avatar di follemente
    Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Jerda Visualizza Messaggio
    It is illegal for sure in most countries, if not all. I certainly do believe that authors and musicians deserve to be paid appropriately and deserve to be able to live with what they produce. On the other hand, current situation of the market is highly complicated, monopolized by a few companies that let them have a small fraction of the incomes and it is very difficult for the authors to check autonomously if they are really getting what they were promised. I'm not too keen to punish illegal downloading, it would be hypocrite from me. Due to the factual oligopoly and all the deformation in the market, it's a battle that I merrily leave the producers to fight

Do you feel emotionally involved by the weather and its changes? Does it ever make you feel moody? Or are the weather conditions irrelevant for your well-being?
    Do you feel repercussions with the change of season and when, if you do?
    I feel emotionally involved by the weather only if it rains for several days: in this case I’m a little moody, yes, but otherwise I am not very affected. However sunny days have a very positive effect on me, because I know I can do many things, as going for a walk in the woods for instance or gardening… In the sunny days I also dress differently.

I don't like summer when it's scorching.

Do you use Facebook a lot? Also to make new acquaintances?

No Excuses L'avatar di Jerda
    Me neither, I like summer, but after 6pm only ^^'

I give a look to my Facebook several times a day, say 3 or 4... but never for long, unless I'm searching for some advice, e.g. in a group.
    I'm aware that if used correctly, it might be a great platform, but it doesn't definitely encourage deep insights. It's a shame, since when I know someone on a social, it comes natural to me to think that I might know them for real, at least I never excluded that in the first place.
    I never made a lot of acquaintance, despite my intentions.
    Thinking that I'm writing to someone whom I will never possibly meet is kind of strange for me. I never proposed a meeting by the way, as far as I remember.

Do you find Italian Government legitimate and fit to guide a nation, or would you like to see more dignified people? Do you have any concern about real democracy in your country (let's say starting from Monti government onwards) or do you feel that it might have become some kind of pointless charade?
    Citazione Originariamente Scritto da BiO-dEiStA Visualizza Messaggio
    Questa sì che è vita, altro che la marea di boiate pseudoscientifiche con cui una mandria di dilettanti pagati a peso d'oro continua a riempirci la testa e a mandare a puttane il paese.
    Ben ritrovati.

I'm sorry, Jerda, this question is too difficult for me: would you be so kind to change it?

Alrighty! So...
    Do you like sandwiches? Do you prepare a lot for yourself? Even as a replacement of a proper lunch or dinner? Which ingredients would you put into one right now? No limits, you have anything you can imagine in limitless quantity at home!
    Questa sì che è vita, altro che la marea di boiate pseudoscientifiche con cui una mandria di dilettanti pagati a peso d'oro continua a riempirci la testa e a mandare a puttane il paese.
    Ben ritrovati.

Alright, THAT was a lousy question but I didn't see it coming earlier today

I'll think of something tomorrow, good night y'all
    Ben ritrovati.

Do you ever feel that perfectionism is slowing you down?
    To elaborate the question: do you feel restrained from starting something because you think that you could not cover it perfectly, so to let too much time pass without acting? Are you slowed a lot while having to do something new because of excessive double-checking, or because you gather too much information in the internet and then you don't know what to do with such an overflow of data?

Do you make it to cut short redundant information and excessive attentions to detail in order to get to the point, even sacrificing a bit of control over the process for the sake of the result?

Better than a sandwich
    Ben ritrovati.

Tip of the day: after or later?

Small tip about two word that are not always used correctly.

Later generally means at a later time, not now. After means after something, it's always in relation to some future fact.

This fact can be implied, anyway. Example:

Sam is working on something important and he's focused. A coworker gets into his office to ask for something. Sam may answer:

"Look, I'm finishing a very important report that has to be done within 11. I'll help you right after"

In this case, after is better because it is implied that he can help the colleague once finished his paperwork. Saying "I'll help you later" would sound like postponing the request to an undetermined time, It would actually not sound so friendly, as well.

That's it. Have a good day fellas!
    Ben ritrovati.

Alrighty! So...
    Do you like sandwiches? Do you prepare a lot for yourself? Even as a replacement of a proper lunch or dinner? Which ingredients would you put into one right now? No limits, you have anything you can imagine in limitless quantity at home!
    I hardly ever make sandwiches, sometimes just a toast with cheese and ham. I like a few sandwiches, only with cooked ham cut by hand with a knife or with mortadella.

Do you ever feel that perfectionism is slowing you down?
    To elaborate the question: do you feel restrained from starting something because you think that you could not cover it perfectly, so to let too much time pass without acting? Are you slowed a lot while having to do something new because of excessive double-checking, or because you gather too much information in the internet and then you don't know what to do with such an overflow of data?

Do you make it to cut short redundant information and excessive attentions to detail in order to get to the point, even sacrificing a bit of control over the process for the sake of the result?

Better than a sandwich

I am a perfectionist in a few things: for example cooking or writing. Usually I know how long this takes and I program the time, so I don't have too many problems. Since I'm a synthetic minded person, I don't waste much time looking for superfluous information.

Have you ever had to look after someone?

Yes, children sometimes, on the mountains, when other adults were out. But that was just presence, the only difference being that I knew there was nobody but me in case of... anything. I did nothing different than daily routine.

Has it ever occurred to you to be the right person in the right moment, solving some situation others didn't know how to get out of?
    Ben ritrovati.

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •  
  • Il codice BBAttivato
  • Le faccine sono Attivato
  • Il codice [IMG]Attivato
  • Il codice [VIDEO]Attivato
  • Il codice HTML � Disattivato