Pagina 3 di 9 PrimaPrima 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... UltimaUltima
Risultati da 31 a 45 di 130

Discussione: Our English Lab

No Excuses L'avatar di Jerda
    Not actually, I only remember having been assaulted by a wolf in a dream when I was like... 6-8 years old, but only because it was the first time that I had a "nightmare" so I told everyone, but I wasn't even scared. I often dreamt about flying. From rooftops, from my window, over my house... or just to be taking off while running. I remember that I often realized to be dreaming... in the dream. Once I ask someone in the dream if it didn't seem a dream to him, too

how about you?
    Ultima modifica di Jerda; 15-04-2020 alle 20:42
    Citazione Originariamente Scritto da BiO-dEiStA Visualizza Messaggio
    Questa sì che è vita, altro che la marea di boiate pseudoscientifiche con cui una mandria di dilettanti pagati a peso d'oro continua a riempirci la testa e a mandare a puttane il paese.
    Ben ritrovati.

doppio
    Questa sì che è vita, altro che la marea di boiate pseudoscientifiche con cui una mandria di dilettanti pagati a peso d'oro continua a riempirci la testa e a mandare a puttane il paese.
    Ben ritrovati.

Opinionista L'avatar di follemente
    When I was a child, I had often nightmares. I woke up in the middle of the night, very scared. The nightmare that I dreamed several times was that a virus spread in the neighbourhood and my house and the garden were covered with a layer of nylon for protection. But some ill people punctured the nylon and I was so terrified that I woke up.

Also I dreamed about flying, but often I fell down and I woke up for the fear before hitting the ground.

Do you play videogames? Some people say that videogames influence our dreams.

Actually not... my only exception has been Tetris from time to time, and it actually affected the process of falling asleep. I kept on visualizing coloured bricks falling down over and over while trying to fall asleep!
    Movies, on the other hand, have influenced my dreams sometimes, but not too often as far as I remember now.

Do you like playing table games? Which ones have you played most, if you have?
    Ben ritrovati.

Good morning!

I like playing table games, but I don't play now. Many years ago I played to Monopoly.

Do you have any regret (about life, health, childhoods..)?

Good morning!

Hard question...
    Yes, lots of regrets. For not having taken care of my health for long periods, for not having expressed myself as I wanted, for not having made some choices earlier.
    For not having written that book, for not having finished university, for anything
    I personally try not to reply those mistakes by blaming myself for the past, just learn and try to do better.

I know you are a sportswoman. How many sports have you practiced in your life? What is your favourite and why?
    Ben ritrovati.

In my life I have done many sports: walking and climbing in the mountains, volleyball, tennis, skiing, sailing and I tried also to ride horse. I liked most climbing in the mountains, because I was in contact with the nature and I enjoyed beautiful views. I felt as if I was on the top of the world always when I went to the top of one mountain.

And you?

Well, I only played soccer and boat raing...
    I had some hores, or better, my father had some horses...
    I had only a foal, for a short time only.
    Bambol utente of the decade

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da follemente Visualizza Messaggio
    In my life I have done many sports: walking and climbing in the mountains, volleyball, tennis, skiing, sailing and I tried also to ride horse. I liked most climbing in the mountains, because I was in contact with the nature and I enjoyed beautiful views. I felt as if I was on the top of the world always when I went to the top of one mountain.

And you?
    Wow, climbing must be really exciting. I wonder which peaks you remember most. Did you use to take pictures from the mountaintop?
    I’m not at the computer right now, I have to be brief :/
    In my life I’ve practiced karate for some years, when I was really young, then I enjoyed horse-riding for a long time, and boxe very recently. Boxe had been advised to me by a friend, to overcome a not-so-good period. Actually I found an unexpected self-improvement, it wasn’t about giving punches or self-defense, rather it had to do with not being afraid, with dodging, with taking a punch and see what it’s like. A punch is something often considered very painful, something to avoid altogether, most times not knowing what it feel all life long. It’s a good metaphore for many experience of life The coach told me never to close my eyes right before the punch. And I did it instinctively. He told me:” is it much different being hit with eyes closed? What’s the point? It’s no relief, just a help for your adversary. I think I gained the best lesson of life from this.

Have you ever had a negative experience that left you grateful to have had, for what they taught you afterwards?

I’m rushing off, this keyboard is a goddamn disgrace to type with ^^’
    Have a nice evening! :ciao:
    Ultima modifica di Jerda; 16-04-2020 alle 23:39
    Ben ritrovati.

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Jerda Visualizza Messaggio
    Wow, climbing must be really exciting. I wonder which peaks you remember most. Did you use to take pictures from the mountaintop?
    I’m not at the computer right now, I have to be brief :/
    In my life I’ve practiced karate for some years, when I was really young, then I enjoyed horse-riding for a long time, and boxe very recently. Boxe had been advised to me by a friend, to overcome a not-so-good period. Actually I found an unexpected self-improvement, it wasn’t about giving punches or self-defense, rather it had to do with not being afraid, with dodging, with taking a punch and see what it’s like. A punch is something often considered very painful, something to avoid altogether, most times not knowing what it feel all life long. It’s a good metaphore for many experience of life The coach told me never to close my eyes right before the punch. And I did it instinctively. He told me:” is it much different being hit with eyes closed? What’s the point? It’s no relief, just a help for your adversary. I think I gained the best lesson of life from this.

Have you ever had a negative experience that left you grateful to have had, for what they taught you afterwards?

I’m rushing off, this keyboard is a goddamn disgrace to type with ^^’
    Have a nice evening! :ciao:
    I remember most some peaks in Dolomiti, Tre cime di Lavaredo, Dolomiti di Brenta, Catenaccio…, but also in Julius Alps. I didn't take pictures, because I had with myself only necessary things, which didn't weigh, because it was difficult to go up and then to climb.

Very interesting, boxe!

Yes, I had negative experience with my husband: he does all the things the last minute and I am instead a planner. Once we couldn't organize a dinner for many people because of our different points of view. So I taught to organize alone, doing things ahead of time.

And you? Do you do things ahead of time, do you prefer to making plans or you wait the last minute?

My job is to plan in time and in the best way all ships operations in port, but, also, to react promptly in case of unforeseen events, so to find solutions in the shortest possible time
    and in the most economic way, for vessels' owners, therefore, I believe I can act promptly in both situations, planning well in advance, but also with short notice and in the best
    way, as needed. Obviously if I can choose, I prefer to program things in time, just to avoid to run and to be stressed.
    Bambol utente of the decade

I usually plan to-dos in time, too, in this period in particular. The growing uncertainty of my economic sector makes it indispensable to develop new skills, secondary incomes, and take important decisions affecting how to maintain my savings and figure out how to secure future resources entails a thorough attention about new aspects that I did not care a lot before.

What relationship do you have with computers and internet? Do you usually learn just what is necessary for your purpose of the moment, or do you always try to learn more for the sake of it?
    Ben ritrovati.

I usually learn only what is necessary for my purpose of the moment and I don't know what to do if something goes wrong.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statements about clothing?

You shouldn't judge other people by the way they dress.

It's better to buy cheap clothes that don't last because than you can buy new ones more often.

People who follow fashion are usually vain and selfish.

It's very risky to buy clothes online.

Only sheep follow fashion. Good dressers have their own style.

Fur coats should be banned.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statements about clothing?

You shouldn't judge other people by the way they dress.
    Absolutely

t's better to buy cheap clothes that don't last because than you can buy new ones more often.
    Maybe, sometimes buying something that lasts is nice, but I also alternate cheap short-lasting piece of cloth with the first 50% and 50%.

People who follow fashion are usually vain and selfish.
    No, I see no connection in real life. I've known kinky fashion girls in my life, some of them had a power of compassion that was rare to find.

It's very risky to buy clothes online.
    well, yes!

Only sheep follow fashion. Good dressers have their own style.
    Absolutely. But we also develop our taste according to the environment, so own taste and fashion have frequent crossroads.

Fur coats should be banned.
    Yes, I don't want to see them anymore. I wish we never slashed foxes or other wild animals in the past. But this is history.
    Ben ritrovati.

Opinionista L'avatar di Turbociclo
    What relationship do you have with computers and internet

They are for me only pastimes. But nice pastimes. (Excuse me for my English, I studied at school).
    " L' uomo ha una tale passione per il sistema
    e la deduzione logica che è disposto ad alterare la verità,
    per non vedere il visibile, a non udire l' udibile,
    pur di legittimare la propria logica."

Dostoevskij.

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •  
  • Il codice BBAttivato